how long should it take to warm up?

It never locked up. When I hit the throttle it cut out. Engines still turning but it slows the rear tires like you've hit the brakes in a corner. Idle spped seems to think three thousand rpm is ideal. I think 1200 is better. Bike will idle at 1200 but I can't seem to set the carbs that slow. Butterfly is closed shut when I start. Full choke. Gets hot. Still doesn't like half choke. If I fart with it a while I can persuade it to go to no choke. Mind you the whole time I'm not touching the throttle. Is there a way to run 650 carvs on a 400 or something else I can do? This bike is beginning to rustle my jimmies at this point. So I'm gonna step back have a cuppa joe and think on it for a moment or two

I'm betting there is a dirty idle circuit still or an air leak. I had to clean my carbs 5 times...and each time, I would have sworn it was as clean as clean can be. there is no advantage to running 650 carbs.

I bet I have an ivisible air leak. When its running I hear a whistle but can feel any source or locate it. Tried chasing it down with an unlit blowtorch to no avail. Any chance the boots could have a leak that wouldn't be visible but make things run fast and erractic?

Back