I'm done with Craigslist sellers

Nate7504

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went out yesterday to look at a 77 kawasaki z750, it was an hour ride to look at this bike, and I specifically asked about any issues because I would ride it back home if I got it. Show up and bike won't run an one cylinder or go over 40mph, and is leaking battery acid, and the rear brake when pressed would lock and not return to open position, Wtf! To bad it was a cool bike almost had a dirt bike look to it. I love my 400 but wanted something a little larger, anyone else have issues on cl? I seem to always wind up dealing with some nipple head, I have sold mopeds before and would always disclose any safety issue period,

It's the chance you take. Always get as many pics as you can first and ask all the questions you can. It's all you really can do:(

Don't get too upset, if someone sells a bike that has been sitting in garage - all they have is a sweet memory of the times they were riding the bike (and they totally forgot why it is sitting in the garage).

So this kind of surprise will happen quite often, and you should look at it as an opportunity to negotiate a very good deal.

In general, I would not recommend riding bike home unless the owner was really riding it. If bike was sitting in garage you may destroy it's engine on the ride home ( not to mention risk of catastrophic mechanical failures, like seized bearing or broken brake line).

I drove home the 82 I just got ( 4 miles) and it started cutting out on the way home:doh: It had been off the road for a few years. I knew it needed work but I would have never drove it on a highway or above 30mph. I should have loaded it in the truck but I was to lazy:laugh:

Back