I'm NEW!!!

mav383

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hello all... just thought introductions are in order. I recently bought a '78 XS400 Bobber. Been a few weeks to iron out some of the issues with it but it now runs pretty good. Here's a few pictures from St Louis...
The day I got it:
P021111001.jpg

After a few mods, Still not running right:
P030711002.jpg

First trip. Today in downtown St. Louis
P031611003.jpg

P031611010.jpg

P031611007.jpg

P031611016.jpg

No problems with no ft fender. I've got a full face helmet though. A few things will change: Extend the pipes 6-8 inches, round chrome headlight, fake oil tank for electricals, ammo can battery box, black out the hubs and spokes and shine the shiny bits. Oh and new vintage style tires.

Welcome man! That's a pretty sweet bike. I'm interested in the tank situation like Volcom....Is the tank just sitting on the outside 2 tubes of the backbone, or does the tank actually "swallow" them? I can't really tell from the pics. I guess the first question would be if the backbone is stock or has been modified to a single tube setup.....I'd love to see pics of the frame with the tank off, as well as the tunnel on the tank if at all possible.

Welcome to the forum Mav :thumbsup: you have a great starting point there to put your own finishing touches to.

The backbone is covnerted to a single and the tank (off of a sportster) sits right on it. The coil packs hang on the left side just under the tank on tabs that hang dirctly of the backbone. I will post pics when I get the chance. Thanks for all of your great comments!

Back