Intro and question about my XS360...

76xs360

76xs360
Reaction score
What's up everyone? First off let me introduce myself - since I've read that's what new guys are supposed to do first :D - I just bought my very first bike ever and what I picked up was a 1976 XS360. I wanted something a little bigger but I couldn't pass this one up. I picked it up really cheap and it's in really good condition for it's age. My brother and I have already taken the carbs apart and gave them a good cleaning, I bought new intake manifold boots/holders and it already runs pretty decent. But, when we took the carbs apart we noticed that one of the floats had a hairline crack and was taking in gas. So, my question is, from what I've found/read this bike has Mikuni BS34 carbs but I cannot find any sites/parts specific for this bike. I've read that many other bikes use the exact same carbs so I was wondering what parts are interchangeable? I found these http://www.mikesxs.net/products-35.html#products but wanted to make sure they would fit my bike? I'm just guessing, but was thinking that the BS34 means that these are 34mm carbs and these floats say they fit 38mm carbs. Am I right or just plain ignorant?:confused: So, if anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it.

I tried to post pics but couldn't get it to work...I kept getting some error message?? :confused::banghead::wtf:

I promise to post pics later.

Edit: I was able to figure out what I was doing wrong with the pics...here it is in all it's glory :bike:

Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0427.jpg
    IMAG0427.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 297
  • IMAG0422.jpg
    IMAG0422.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 270
  • IMAG0423.jpg
    IMAG0423.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 268
  • IMAG0424.jpg
    IMAG0424.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 258
  • IMAG0425.jpg
    IMAG0425.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 268
  • IMAG0428.jpg
    IMAG0428.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 258
  • IMAG0429.jpg
    IMAG0429.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 280
  • IMAG0430.jpg
    IMAG0430.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 241
  • IMAG0431.jpg
    IMAG0431.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 267
  • IMAG0432.jpg
    IMAG0432.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! That bike is in pristine condition. If you got this for cheap, you got quite the deal.

Thanks man!! Yeah I think I got a deal, I only paid $275 for this thing - only thing is it didn't come with a title, but the guy I bought it from wrote me up a bill of sale and everything. He said it was titled in his name so...hopefully I won't have too much trouble getting this thing titled.

Holy Smoke! Bike looks great, i`ve got a `77 xs360, bought last year for 1500$, its not half as good as yours. Bikes are too cheap over there or maybe to expensive over here :laugh::banghead:, anyway welcome.

Wow, what a beauty! You got the coveted front wire disc brake, too. Welcome to the forum. I am familiar with the '80 &'81 bikes but not those older. One of our resident experts will kick in with some help for you. BTW, are the carbs marked?

The 38mm is indeed a BS38 and the BS34 is a 34mm. That being said, I bought float bowl drain screws for the BS38 from mikes and they fit my BS34s fine. That being said, i did a quick look at Bike bandit and they list different part numbers for the floats....in other words, welcome...I have no useful information.

welcome to the forum '76. be careful you don't get the plastic floats as they won't fit.

the part number you are looing for is 2A2-14985-00 they are for the 400's but I'm sure they'll fit the 360. just google the number and you'll get loads of sites.

drewps

Man,that thing's nice! I got an xs400 that runs,end of story,needs work and a lot of cleanup for $375.00.I;m happy with that,but you should be happy with your carb problems!Good luck,and welcome to the group!

Those BS34 floats are made of unobtainium, rendering your bike worthless as that is the only carb that your engine can run with. Out of the noble kindness of my heart I will free you from your financial burden that you inadvertently find yourself in and reluctantly give you $275 for your boat anchor. My representative will contact you shortly...

J/K, welcome to the forum and congrats on a GREAT find!

Thanks for the comments everyone. :thumbsup:

drewpy - thanks for the info, I'll make sure I look up that part#. Any particular sites you guys here frequent more than others? Better pricing?

crush1776 - I knew there were nothing but kind people on this forum!! I'll make sure I let you know if I decide to part with my "boat anchor" :D :cheers:

Back