IF you are getting the drill out, drill and tap the connecting tubes, between the head, and the carb's, that's the most accurate, pont to sync your carb's from! as your getting the reading from the engine vacuum, that is sucking the petrol/air mixture, into the head!

merlin

IF you are getting the drill out, drill and tap the connecting tubes, between the head, and the carb's, that's the most accurate, pont to sync your carb's from! as your getting the reading from the engine vacuum, that is sucking the petrol/air mixture, into the head!

merlin
Just as the stock boots are.

***Update Update!!
This may save someone else weeks of headaches...
After all the suggestions and help. Multiple cleaning of already clean carbs, readjusted the valves, re timed, re synched carbs drained gas tank, New gas, New plugs and on and on...
The culprit was the ORIGINAL FUSE BOX FROM 1981. I just replaced the old with new connectors and a new "blade" type 4 gang box. The bike runs flawless!! Woohoo :)

This was determined by noticing the spark plugs sparking while out of the cylinders and fiddling with the fuses.

Thank you everyone for all your input and advice.
Andy J

Last edited:
Great to hear. I would have think it would have been one of the first things to be replaced as part of your build.

Thanks, initially it was a low budget build and since it worked from the beginning I never thought to replace that…
....low budget build...:laughing:....no such thing...not without compromise at least....am keeping a tally on my build and this thing is nickel and dining me towards 4K +....was supposed to be budget, but things come up and problems pop-up...that make it more and more expensive.

To have a bike that works as it should is hard to be "low budget". If the bike is very clean and was well taken care of that would help, but those type of bikes are usually not cheap. Most low budget builds end up being bikes with very little left on the bike.

Back