Knee down

haga41cat

Xs Nerd
Reaction score
Just came across this on google some guy on a 12E :wtf::thumbsup:
xs_knieschleif.jpg

Just out of curiosity anyone else got ya knee down on an XS? :bike:

my luck if I was heeled over like that I'd hit a pothole :yikes: I'll do my corners sitting upright like a proper touring gentleman thank you very much :D

Ha, Ive tried dumb stuff like dragging my hand in a lean. Usually the sound of my grinding foot peg is enough to scare me smart.

I'm bumping this because I was successfully dragging my knee all day today for the first time. I thought it would happen on my modern sport bike first, but no; the xs400 corners like a beast! I should get some video.

I call my XS a hero bike - they're light enough, with a low enough seat that you can do pretty much anything.

You must have been really trying. With rearsets, I could see myself getting my knee down. Stock pegs will definitely drag first, unless I'm trying to prove that I can do it...

Working the chicken strips aye? If your knee is draggin ...dude thats loooooow! Crazy!! But i will agree with you bc and bentwrench ..these bikes like getting thrown around a bit. Just be CAREFUL my dudes!!

I have long legs and I hang off quite a bit, but yeah, no more chicken strips. It is quite easy with stock foot pegs (get on your toes). If I catch a green light at speed (30 mph) around town I can drag through the intersection without any trouble if the turn is 90 degrees.

Trying to get my knee down has made me much better at cornering. I hang off and the bike stays more upright through the turns. I'm a bit of a character though as I am the ONLY person who wears full leathers on the street in my city.

i always have this vision of the knee actually dragging lightly and an unexpected bump in the road and boom your knee caps torn clean off

i always have this vision of the knee actually dragging lightly and an unexpected bump in the road and boom your knee caps torn clean off

Dude! I get the same paranoid thoughts! Maybe, we will have to take a leaf outta bc's book and wear full leathers (and I'd prolly throw in knee pads as well :-D).

Back