Longer fork tubes

ggg2121

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've decided to keep the xs400 after spending the weekend changing the head gasket, adjusting everything, cleaning the carbs and getting it to purr like a kitten. I'm probably going to do a hard tail and would really like to extend the fork tubes 2-4". Does anyone know if there are a direct swap for the fork tubes for these bikes like are on mikesxs.com for the 650's? Any help would be appreciated. I don't know of anyone motorcycle junk yards around here to search through.

Thanks,
Greg

Yeah, I'm looking for longer 33mm tubes. I was just give the example of mikexs since he has a variety of lengths but they're 35mm for the xs650. I'm hoping for a direct swap fork tube so I don't have to go changing the tree's and such.

Also, If I find a set of 33mm fork tubes from any brand bike, should I be able to disassemble those forks and put the tubes into my forks or are they designed different? Please excuse me , I don't know a whole lot about fork and fork tubes but I'm trying to learn! Thanks

Also, If I find a set of 33mm fork tubes from any brand bike, should I be able to disassemble those forks and put the tubes into my forks or are they designed different? Please excuse me , I don't know a whole lot about fork and fork tubes but I'm trying to learn! Thanks

if you use different fork tubes, I would use the fork lowers and the wheel, spacers etc

So someone here suggested to go to Forks by Frank (googled it and sent an email). He said he has stock, +2, and +4" fork tubes in stock. About $300 shipped for the pair in case anyone else is looking for something like this.

Back