Looking at another

MrStubb

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Just a thought right now. Surfing on Facebook I found a 73 TX650 near me. Here's the issues. I have 2 XS400's 1 parts bike worthy of building as a custom or tracker. Thing is the TX needs front end work along with Gages & cables. Would the fork & Gage set fit from the 80 XS400 onto the 73 TX650? I have rebuilt the 1 fork with new drum brakes. Also if I can't do the swap What would you guys recommend for gages & drive cables? When it's all done I'll be selling the 400's

34mm tx650 forks and 33mm xs400 forks.Nothing from the xs400 will work with it. The pre 74 xs650 bikes are a bit more harder to find good parts for and not as well made/solid old tech. There are lots of good people and help on the xs650 web site. I would go there for help.

Thanks Chris So far this is just thinking out loud. Seems like it's a pretty solid bike sight un seen with the mentioned issues. Another thing is this bike has a Clean title where I've been driving mine with a nonexistent title from S Dakota who will not release the info I need. As well as being too tired(lazy?) to go for a bonded title in Minnesota

Back