MC relief hole / spooge hole

bochnak

Matt
Reaction score
Rebuilding a front master due to fluid turning to crud.

The MC has 2 divots, the divot closest to the mirror has a large hole that feeds the piston bore. The other divot does not seem to have any holes. Should this divot have a very small relief hole? Very hard to tell. If so, where does the hole lead to, piston bore?

Thanks.

I think its just there to releive pressure so the system will equalize. I haven't rebuilt my front master becasue I'm not planning on using it. But I did do my rear and there are two holes. If one becomes plugged it won't operate.

Shaun

I think its just there to releive pressure so the system will equalize. I haven't rebuilt my front master becasue I'm not planning on using it. But I did do my rear and there are two holes. If one becomes plugged it won't operate.

Shaun

Right, they won't release. Do you remember where the hole leads?

There should, indeed, be a tiny tiny return hole in that 2nd smaller divot.

Sometimes a tiny wire can be used to poke it clean, but your best bet is an ordinary sewing needle - they are hardened and come to a very very sharp point.

Good luck with it,

Kirk

I beleive it should go back into the bore like the other one. Atleast thats how my rear is. I would take a picture and post it but I can't even see it in the bore although I can feel it with my finger.

Like bochnak said carefully clean it with a piece of wire. If you know someone who plays guitar grad and old string of them. They come in handy.

I have this thing ( I call it a commando drill, don't know why but I think thats the actual name for it). Google commando hand drill and you will see what I mean. They are micro drills that go into a pen like handle. You just rotate it by hand often used when cleaning very clogged oxy fuel tips.

Shaun

its for the return fluid, so it vents the other side of the piston cup.
this will stop brakes binding

I was able to clean it out with a #80 drill bit. Hole leads directly into bore.

New MC & caliper seals/kit, fresh fluid & bled, brakes work mint now :thumbsup:

Back