Mounting issues

agreen33

XS400 Member
Reaction score
My Exhaust fin isnt lining up with the engine block correctly. Its about 1/4in away and its leaking fumes when I run it. I am wondering what the issue could be? It worked fine, then the pipe became so loose you could wiggle it in either direction with ease. This ones got me a little stumped...

The O ring seems to be crushed in their pretty good. Any suggestions on how to get it out properly? Also am I replacing this thing or just cleaning it off?

Attachments

• Exhaust.jpg
    Exhaust.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 197
I read somewhere on here that if I heat up the gasket with a blow torch it will clean it up and make it good as new. Can I trust that this is true? Also I still dont see how the new gasket will help align the flange to the engine block better.

Those are crush rings and need to be replaced. You are thinking about copper washers that are flat.

Is the crush ring copper? Its really stuck in the engine block. I fabricated my own steel pick to try to get the fucker out, but no success. I am thinking if its copper I might be able to heat it up with a torch in order to soften it up. I would think it has been crushed in their pretty good which is probably why its stuck. However would torching it fuck up the engine block? If so how else could I get it out of their?

They are copper but I believe they're hollow and filled with something pliable.

Mine were stuck in pretty well but a long flat blade screwdriver worked.
The gasket is pretty soft. You should be able to work it up from the inside where it meets the head. Might have to break or bend it.

They are copper but I believe they're hollow and filled with something pliable.

Mine were stuck in pretty well but a long flat blade screwdriver worked.
The gasket is pretty soft. You should be able to work it up from the inside where it meets the head. Might have to break or bend it.

They are hollow. Screw driver to break them out:thumbsup:

Back