mufflers. Harley?

buzzstpoint

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
shootin the breeze with my brother and he asked me if I ever got the exhaust fix on my xs. I told him no. But I just started to fix up the bike.
BTW, new wheel bearings and tires ordered for the bike.

But he said he just put new mufflers on his wifes sportster. Said we could put those on the xs.

Would they work? We'd still use the stock pipe for the xs just attach the mufflers to the pipes. Possibly doing a 2 in one. Assuming I would have to rejet, but I was already thinking on that when I put my new air filter on.

Mufflers are mufflers:wink2: They will just have a different sound and back pressure than stock also you will need to tune for them.

I have a set 2009 Harley soft tails on mine and I like them a lot.They actualy quieted my bike down from the stock mufflers.The only problem is if your mufflers have the port for the cats then you have to weld something over the hole.Which I found a 15/16ths copper fitting which I had welded over those ports..I also had a set of Harley turnouts which fit perfect no cat ports just too loud for my liking.

Back