Music in your Garage

lucky dawgs... all I hear while in the barn wrenchin', is the fiance screaming to get my arse back in the house and finish the renos:poke::gun::guns:
other times...I pump anything from punk, metal, house and techno:rock:

I build to the sounds of onlookers saying "Hey, that's a fine-lookin' bike you got there. Got there a Harley?" I pause, and continue building to their screams for mercy.

I truly believe I will never find any music that I like better than AC/DC...they are the only group that I can honestly say I like every song they ever did. I do like all kinds of music but I have a soft spot for '80's big hair rock.

And it simply refuses to die.(but I read to classical and jazz.)

I had a cellphone that refused to die. It had no back, the flip screen was coming off, the vibrate sucked, i threw it across fields, bowled with it in school hallways and on concrete, and it just never stopped working the same way it did when i bought it. I love old electronics :D

I like to boogie to the radio, but usually i'll throw on Barenaked Ladies, Bush, Son Lux, Mute Math... time passess quicker with a variety of artists i find

I listen to whatever music my buddies will put up with...I have a pioneer system I bought outa high school back in the day...300 watts...so loud you can scream at the top of your lungs in the garage...and not hear yourself....and thats only 1/2 volume....stupid awesome!!That system has seen some stuff over the years...good thing it cant talk!

Blues from the radio if I can get it. Blues from my phone if I can't. Or just the quiet sounds of dropping that bolt and hearing roll under something on the other side of the garage...I find lots of stuff I drop by listening for it.

Dont know why, but I do my best work listening to disco..crazy right?
Other than that it varies a lot.
any thing from rancid to the Ramones, Atreyu to Rage against the machine. Johnny Cash to Garth Brooks.
I just simply love music.
When I'm driving though, its old school hip hop and punk/ska.

Usually have my IPod in my ears blasting mad Dubs for mechanical stuff (Skrillex, Flux Pavillion, Dubba Jonny, etc). When it comes to working with electrical, I like to keep my zen with Jazz and Folk such as Jamie Cullum and Brett Dennen.
Working on cleaning the garage out and hooking up my laptop to computer speakers. Music's gonna stay the same, but sound better :D

I vary it up...anything from foghat...zztop...pink floyd...ac/dc....country....really just depends on my mood....really love to start by playing lowrider by war...then the woman knows I am in a zone and to leave me be :bike:

Now that I have a place large enough here i can fit a table or some shelves I can finaly listen to some music,when i do it will be classic rock from the 70`s and 80`s.

Always have music when I'm wrenching. Helps me keep focused on my task. In the times of looming storms it'll keep informed. I've been working in the garage thru many nasty storms in Minnesota. Several that I should have run for cover. My favorites to listen to are classic rock. Bob Seeger Eric Clapton David Bowie Pink Floyd Bruce Springsteen and the like. Have an old indash Am Fm cassette mounted in my roller cabinet with an old lawn tractor battery I can also connect a CB radio to the cigarette lighter socket. I know old school but hey I am over 50. I did have to get rid of the 8 track player when it ate my last Beach Boys tape. How many of you have ever bought a car with an 8 track player?

Other than classic rock i listen to classic metal,no grunge,death,brutal or mutulating stuff just music like from metalica,sabbath,deep purple,Judas Priest,Dokken and few others.

It's amazing how my tastes have changed since I started this thread. I've recently been getting more and more into singer-songwriter Canadian folk music. Anything East coast is a sure bet, and I love this new Canadian band called White Horse.

I wonder what I'll like next year?

Johnny Cash, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Pink Floyd, Kings of Leon, Dr. Dre, Run DMC, N.W.A., Moby, Van Morrison, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Machine Head, Neil Young, Nick Drake, Paul Kalkbrenner, Ry Cooder, Fatboy Slim, the Rolling Stones, John Coltrane, the list goes on and on..

Preferably on vinyl though :D

I can see where you'd like this. In The Wild Ones those old Triumphs Nortons & Enfields are great looking bikes. I am a fan of David Bowie who sounds a lot like Iggy Pop. Also Billy Idol who had covered this song. My favorite Motorcycle Movie is Easy Rider. Not sure why (It's not that great). and the song Born To Be Wild by Steppinwolf Just says "Get out Roll on the throttle an ride". :shrug::bike::bike::bike:

Lately I have spent much time in the in my so called garage but the music I have been listening to is from 106.3 from Sarnia.The play a mix of everything from current rock bands to some older stuff.Rock music is something that got embedded in my mind many many years ago.I doubt my taste in music will ever change.

Back