Need advice

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I have a severely crack fork seals and needing advice on how to change them.Do I have totaly remove the forks and how difficult of a job is this going to be?If someone can point me to some links on the subject I`d gladly apprreciate it.

Just did my fork seals.; piece of cake. The biggest challenges; getting it lifted to get the tubes out, finding a socket big enough to tap the seals in.

I also have to repair my forks. Mine seem to seal good but the dust wipers have been badly weathered and split. I have the fork legs off right now and will replace the seals but I would rather install Gaitors on the fork legs to replace the dust wipers. I like the look of Gaitors especially since I'm thinking of making it into a stealthy flat black street creeper. Any advise on Gaitors and where to find them cheaply is appreciated. Also any ideas on what to do when you remove the plugs in the fork legs? I hear the spring could go air born.

I actualy misspoke the other day when I made this thread its the dust seals that need replacing.They are crackeg and about ready to fall off.I had wrapped them with tape and forgot why till I removed the tape a couple of days ago.

Back