Need Photo or Diagram of Starter Switch

63-Coupe

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
My starter button was a little wonky so I decided to take it apart and see if a clean up was in order. I think it has been like this for quite a while. The tiny screw seems to thread back into the hole nice and snug but I am not sure what the exact orientation of that little plate should be. Does anyone have a picture or exploded diagram of the inside of the starter switch assembly they can post or email to me?

Attachments

• P1040865.jpg
    P1040865.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 200
Its been a while since I've had mine apart but im pretty sure you want the angled flat part of that little plate pointing towards the button.

No pic but it goes kinda just like you got it. The upturned edge goes toward and on top of the wires.
Next time you take something apart I might suggest paying attention to the way thing are as you take it apart.
Leo

No pic but it goes kinda just like you got it. The upturned edge goes toward and on top of the wires.
Next time you take something apart I might suggest paying attention to the way thing are as you take it apart.
Leo

Thanks Leo. I usually take pictures when I take something like this apart and in this case I did that. The picture I posted shows exactly what I found it when I opened it up so I had nothing to go on.

Norm

How was the spring oriented? Narrow end toward button? And the pin plunger, is the longer end in the button or short end in the button? I'm replacing the buttons for my electrical starter and horn.

Sorry Itch, I can't remember how the spring was oriented and I don't think I kept the pictures. :shrug: If I come across them I will send them to you.

How was the spring oriented? Narrow end toward button? And the pin plunger, is the longer end in the button or short end in the button? I'm replacing the buttons for my electrical starter and horn.
Yes fit in the groove of the contact and Yes longer end gives it support up inside the button

Thanks jayel. Got the button, pin and spring in the housing. The bike starts like a charm! Can't believe it was that easy.:thumbsup:

Back