New engine for jps cafe

haga41cat

Xs Nerd
Reaction score
Finally got the new garage filled with the old garage!
Started stripping down the 400 engine for the 250 jps cafe, first thing u came across was the engine hard to turn over by hand, I soon found out why when I took the alternater cover of and 2ltrs of oil and petrol mixture came flooding out!! At least it should be clean inside lol. Pics to follow.

Posted via Mobile

wondered where you got to? :D

Lol yeah moved house got promoted to manager at work, also fixing the bike, sorting out problems as they arise. Glad I didn't fully paint the bike before doing a shake down, need to weld some bits on the frame and change mounts for indicators as two indicators cracked from vibration. Once I've ironed it all out its final paint time:bike:

Posted via Mobile

Well split the cases and found some interesting things, looks like where the oil had become so thin with all the petrol in there its made something go wrong:(. A tooth has broken on a gear and had a right old time smashing around inside:yikes:. Also a big end has gone on one cylinder, so need to replace all shells and big end. Oh and one shell picked up slightly and filled an oil gallery on the crank with aluminium. Question to you all tho :confused: is a 250 gear box the same as I have 3 spare of these.
2012-06-23 12.07.58.jpg

2012-06-23 12.11.50.jpg

2012-06-23 12.13.13.jpg

2012-06-23 12.15.15.jpg

2012-06-23 12.15.56.jpg

Posted via Mobile

I think the ratios are slightly different, but the whole system will fit inside. There is a 400 motor on UK ebay ATM

Back