New guy with a 400

Nice bikes.

Thanks. Though the XS400 is re-homed and I now have the RD250 (And a 350 now...)

My bike also back fires sometimes when its trying to start.Im sure why yet but I will be looking into it over winter.

Low voltage was my issue. Charge battery FULLY, and only crank for a couple seconds. Mine fired up AS I LET GO of the starter button. But kick start cold seemed best for me. Never went any further as I traded it for the RD :D

This guy has received some rave reviews: http://jbmindustries.com/index.html

Best of luck with your swap. How was Sandy's visit to your place?

Photo was taken at the time of the trade. I miss the XS, it was a true low-mileage bike. But the RD is fun as HELL. I'll keep that site in the file as it looks like high quality stuff, but the RD's motor uses different boots, and they were just replaced anyways. But thank you. :thumbsup:

Sandy didn't cause me any damage, but gave me a crap-ton of OT :D.
However a LOT of people in the NYC/LI/NJ area lost a lot, or EVERYTHING. A couple of my co-workers work in the city on weekends just loading roll-off trucks with remains of homes/random garbage that's spread all over, using huge loaders to just scrape the streets clean. One saw an ocean-going tug that had floated through a neighborhood broadside, bulldozing homes and businesses. Some neighborhoods were 100% destroyed. :( At least more are getting back to "normal" life now, though there are towns still without power and some worse... What the TV showed didn't even begin to touch how much was wiped out. Some workers from Louisiana that were up here for the cleanup said Katrina wasn't this bad....

Thanks. Though the XS400 is re-homed and I now have the RD250 (And a 350 now...)

Low voltage was my issue. Charge battery FULLY, and only crank for a couple seconds. Mine fired up AS I LET GO of the starter button. But kick start cold seemed best for me. Never went any further as I traded it for the RD :D

Photo was taken at the time of the trade. I miss the XS, it was a true low-mileage bike. But the RD is fun as HELL. I'll keep that site in the file as it looks like high quality stuff, but the RD's motor uses different boots, and they were just replaced anyways. But thank you. :thumbsup:

Sandy didn't cause me any damage, but gave me a crap-ton of OT :D.
However a LOT of people in the NYC/LI/NJ area lost a lot, or EVERYTHING. A couple of my co-workers work in the city on weekends just loading roll-off trucks with remains of homes/random garbage that's spread all over, using huge loaders to just scrape the streets clean. One saw an ocean-going tug that had floated through a neighborhood broadside, bulldozing homes and businesses. Some neighborhoods were 100% destroyed. :( At least more are getting back to "normal" life now, though there are towns still without power and some worse... What the TV showed didn't even begin to touch how much was wiped out. Some workers from Louisiana that were up here for the cleanup said Katrina wasn't this bad....

Yeah Im thinking Im having a weak spark issue the coils will be getting replaced over winer.

Back