New xs 400 rider

Not that you need it but you've got my respect. Flames? They match the ones on the tank? Curious what you come up with, looks like a bunch of stuff's got to come off to reach bobber status. That's the fun part tho.

Ya I'm going to chop it off right after the rear shock mounts and reshape rear fender to make it work. Last night I pulled flex pipe and mufflers off and swung the left header over to the right side so I have what is pretty close to the ss shorty headers on a harley. Now I'm looking for somewhere to buy a section of 7/8 od pipe for a broomstick handlebar

Okay so got my new handmade broom stick handlebars on and decided to take it for its longest ride it's been on since I owned it and after about 20 min it started spitting and sputtering had no power and wanted to die out going 60 down the highway. I was thinking maybe jetting issue? It had pod filters on it when I bought it and the only other thing I've done so far is took mufflers off and brought the pipes over to the right side and they stop just under foot peg

be careful with that, if you're running pods and open pipes without changing the jetting, you're definitely running lean. Surprised it even goes to 60 at this point, but you could seriously damage the engine if you keep running it like that. Overheating is no joke ;)

Get some bigger jets, do a search here on the forum there have been many threads on this issue. Good luck!

Well I went with 155 jets and cleaned carbs and new plugs wires and caps an oil change has been done. Did some chopping and heating and bending made a seat pan and wrapped it. it now looks more like a bobber this is before I wrapped seat. uploadfromtaptalk1424156082583.jpg

Back