Plain bearings and con rods

Nuno

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm about to start the rebuild of another engine (DOHC) and I'm worried about the crankshaft bearings. Yamaha doesn't produce them anymore.
Does anyone knows where to find an aftermarket alternative?
I haven't open the engine yet so I don't know sizes and specs....I'm just doing a quick checklist

I also remember I read something about con rods compatiblity with the FJR ones, but I can't find anything about it now...I don't know if I remember correctly.

did you notice its the same bearings as the sohc bike according to cmsnl?

1L9-11416-20

yes I did, but on every website I visited it's marked as available for the sohc and not available for the dohc...Yamaha itself says there are no more bearings for the dohc while instead they have for the sohc. If it was the same why not listing it? Other parts for the dohc are in common with other bikes and are indeed listed as available, why would this bearings be different?

Have you tried boats.net? They have decent prices and a lot of parts. Make sure you get the right size too. There is usually a 1L9-11416-20-00, then a 1L9-11416-20-10, etc. Unless I missed something I'm pretty sure that's how it goes!

Good luck, plane bearings are a :banghead: to find

Have you tried boats.net? They have decent prices and a lot of parts. Make sure you get the right size too. There is usually a 1L9-11416-20-00, then a 1L9-11416-20-10, etc. Unless I missed something I'm pretty sure that's how it goes!

Good luck, plane bearings are a :banghead: to find

Yes I remember the website I think they had the part listed for the sohc but none for the dohc...:banghead:
regarding the size, you mean the color-code? Yes that's boring, I can't know which one I need until I don't open the cases.

Sucks that the sohc and dohc are different... i'm curious now as well if those parts are interchangeable.

I only bring it up because black is standard which is the 00, after that I don't know what colour codes are associated with what number code. Hopefully they'll be standard!

Sucks that the sohc and dohc are different... i'm curious now as well if those parts are interchangeable.

I only bring it up because black is standard which is the 00, after that I don't know what colour codes are associated with what number code. Hopefully they'll be standard!

I doubt it...when I looked for piston rings I found out they had the same code of the sohc except the first three letters (12R instead of ... I don't remember). Seems like Yamaha uses a pattern like:
Model - Part type - XXX
so the same part would have an almost identical code but be totally different.
I might be wrong.

Back