Right cyl does not run untill warmed up..

Albertabobber

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi guys my son's bike, 79 xs400, Seems to start OK our temperatures have been close to freezing still most days here.. but left side runs right side is on and off unless you get the rpm's up to about 2500 then right side is fine.. once the bike has been warmed up a little right side works fine.. good throttle response, good power.. starts easy.. when warm.. timing is bang on..

What could this be or is it normal? I would think carb but once it is warm there are no issues at all? So where should I start looking? any ideas?

If it were mine, the first thing I would do is clean and sync the carbs. Pilot jet may be plugged on the right side...

well cleaned the carbs again last night.. and this morning at 5 degrees Celsius. It fired up on both Cylinders.. would have never thought it was a carb issue...

thanks Eric.. now will do a sync and see if that helps with any fine tuning. Thanks guys.

well cleaned the carbs again last night.. and this morning at 5 degrees Celsius. It fired up on both Cylinders.. would have never thought it was a carb issue...

thanks Eric.. now will do a sync and see if that helps with any fine tuning. Thanks guys.

Back