Shifter peg bent!

mpark620

mpark620
Reaction score
Hey guys! Been a bit. So today, I idiotically dropped my bike as I was just standing there talking to my friend on the phone, I guess the bike tilted towards the direction my head was tilting .... Anywho after I picked my bike up and went to start it, I felt that the shifter was bent in, tried pulling it out and so forth, but no go. I need it ASAP as its my only means of transportation, do you guys know if any stores round here wod carry an aftermarket shifter peg, and is it pretty easy to find one that fits the xs400?

Best,
Mikey:doh:

I had to bend mine in a vice too when I bought the bike. Previous owner had it rubbing on the alternator cover.

If you want a brand new replacement partsnmore.com sells them for $8 I think

I was able to straighten one while still on the bike using a large set of vise-grips to provide additional grip and leverage, so, if you need to, you should be able to get back on the road right away.
When you have time, taking it off and using a vice would certainly be the way to do it right.

Take the shifter off and lay it on the cement give it few hard wacks with a hammer and bend it back.I have had to straighten mine out 3 times.

Hahaha, thanks guys! Yea, well dropping the bike was bound to happen, I'm just glad I got that out of the way. For now I've temporarily replaced it with another shifter from our quad here. I'll try those vice grips and let you guys know how it works!

Back