Signals and Headlight in one

Looks nice, but the first thing I noticed was there are no pics of the headlight on. My guess is that the headlight will make the LED's completely useless. Nobody will see the LED's flashing. Having the signals that close to the center of the bike will only confuse motorists, even if they see it. Certainly would not pass a safety inspection.

I wouldn't suggest using this headlight to replace your turn signals unless you are building a show bike that won't get ridden on the street...

They look a little better. Just make sure you hook them up right. There is a thread in the forum about LED signals.

I wouldn't trust my safety to those lights either. They are certainly NOT bright enough. The listing implies DOT conformity, but I promise you that they are not bright enough to be certified or safe. To be bright enough, they would have to put out around 400 lumens, which would take around 30 high quality LEDs, depending on the emitters.

I've tried cheap LED bulbs and they weren't worth the time to install them. The stock bulbs are rated at 32 candle power or 402 lumens so they are bright and visible even in direct sunlight. I've found a Canadian company (Lumens) who manufactures good LED replacement bulbs. Take a look at their replacement bulbs here, scroll down to "Super Bright SMD LED Bulbs" for their good stuff. I'm using their LT10HP white in my gauge cluster and they are silly bright. $20 for a pair from a local store. Expensive, but they are lasting where the 10 cheap LED bulbs I tried before were dim and all died within 2 months. I plan on replacing all the cheap LED bulbs I still have with theirs shortly.

I want to be seen, so I can live to ride another day.

Thank you for your feed back, i totally agree about visibility. Will take your word for it that the lights wont be bright enough!

Thanks!

Will I have to agree with Dave on this one. I have led's on my little bike and between them and the weak charging system I think it's not safe to trust them in day light. At night you can see them flashing but the headlight is really too dim to be useful then. I installed them since they use so much less power to operate and I'm concerned about the alternator.

Back