So I screwed up this morning and as a result, I am shifting to a single carb xs400

If your float valve was leaking,you might look at your oil and make sure that gas didn't get into the cylinders,then to the crankcase.If you run it,it may mess up the bearings,and maybe blow up.You don't want that. lha

So things took a turn for the worse over the last week. I was able to get her running and then after a short trip the bike would not start and run at all.

I performed a compression test last night and the left cylinder is shot. 80psi on left 120psi on right. (that explains why the right cylinder was running so well and the left was shot). I'm picking up a spare motor today and I'm going to tear down the current one(it does have 22K on it).

I've been buying parts to fix multiple issues I am finding and improve some things. I was wondering if anyone had the band clamp sizes for the carbs to intake tubes to airfilter?

Hopefully things will be looking brighter in a week. I'll post pics of the engine rebuild so others can comment and follow along for fun.

CIMG1609.jpg

somthing like this

Back