Steel Brake Line for DOHC

Sure thing. I plan on riding about 200 miles this weekend before another torrential downpour occurs.
As far as "bedding in" is concerned, the packaging does not come with instructions for that procedure. I haven't looked online yet but I am sure yet are out there somewhere.

You might have to bleed just the M/C first. Most won't pump up till you do.
Unhook the line at the M/C, put your finger tip over the hole the line hooks to. Slowly pump the lever. As you pull the lever air gets pushed out around your finger tip. When you release the lever, your finger tip seals the hole, causing more fluid to fill the piston area. Repeat till you get a good spray of fluid out around your finger.
Remove finger and quickly rehook the line. Proceed with bleeding as normal.
You may have to bleed each section of line as you go. To do this unhook the lower end of the line and seal with finger tips, bleed that far. Rehook line and unhook line at caliper, seal with fingers and bleed, rehook to caliper then bleed as normal.
Using a vacuum tool like a MitiVac Can help. Once you bleed the M/C hook up all the lines, Hook the vacuum tool to the bleeder, Pump up a good vacuum. Open bleeder, the vacuum draws the fluid down the lines.
Watch the M/C, don't let it go empty.
Leo

On pads go to vintagebrakes.com Run By Micheal Morse, the same guy that runs 650central. He has ridden and raced bikes for years, he knows brakes.
Leo

Thanks for the info, Leo. Although, I checked out vintagebrakes.com and it stated that the "store was closed." Maybe their site is under construction.

I rode a total of 240 miles this weekend with the new Vesrahs. It was a mix of highway, city and twisty hill country roads. The Vesrahs did quite well especially around those crazy drivers in downtown areas :eek:. The pads I had before were the stock style pads, the originals in fact. They were not in horrible shape but they squeaked ALL THE TIME:banghead:. Not to mention the braking distance with those old ones just seemed totally sketchy and I did not feel 100% confident with them.

The difference is night and day. So far, the Vesrah pads are quiet no matter what. Moisture does not seem to be an issue while running them either (I got caught in light, sustained rain a couple times.) The braking distance is superb in comparison to the old pads. The only "con" I have noticed is that they don't perform at their best until after the bike has been ridden for a little while. I think they need that heat for best performance. At this point, I am happy with them.:thumbsup:

The package they came in recommend using only the OEM or a quality, stainless steel rotor, which our rotors are steel. The one negative I have read about sintered metal pads is the fact that they can wear out the rotor quicker than stock brake pads would. From what I understand though, most newer street bikes come with sintered metal pads from the factory. I suppose only time and heavy use will tell.

Last edited:
Hey Dave, glad you asked. I think I have put at least a couple thousand miles on these Vesrah pads since I bought them:thumbsup:. I haven't noticed any damage to the rotor. The Vesrahs are definitely more responsive than the stock pads. I notice their usefulness mostly in the city with these crazy, inattentive drivers (I almost got run over by the same person twice because they were on their phone:cussing:.) It gives me more confidence on the road knowing that these are the best pads I can get, in my opinion. I won't be going back to the stock pads.

Back