strange tyres

haga41cat

Xs Nerd
Reaction score
Right im currently in an argument with both my tyre dealer and pirelli about this. My old continentals said on the tyre wall 110 and 150 and thats what they are both wide, my new front is 110 and measures 110 the rear says 150 but measures 130?? It feels strange to ride and they won't take them back as they are now "used".
Am I missing something here it seems 1+1=3 not 2 yet im the one thats being told its suppossed to add up to 3 not 2?

Whats peoples thoughts on this:shrug:

Posted via Mobile

Is it properly inflated? The tire could seem more narrow than it truly is because over inflation altering its profile?

Either way.

Tell the dealer if they can get the wheel to measure 150 under correct PSI settings that you're gonna be ok.

Otherwise call your card company/bank/whoever and cancel the charges under false advertisement. I know the UK has a pretty hard core customer protection policy.

Yeah pressure is correct, im not happy with these I've taken them off tonight and just going to run the old tyres for now. Maybe its my rim size? But saying that the old 150 still measured out to 150.
Also with the funny sizing the rear had 50mm chicken strips and the front only 20, im worried I was gonna run off the edge on the front before getting close on the rear.
On my Srad I had 2mm to the edge on the rear and still 8-10mm on the front. So something amiss!?!:wtf::wtf::shrug:

Posted via Mobile

Back