Swedish xs400 bobber build start.

I know!! But that's probably mostly luck on my behalf. I can't take credit for the "no popping"..

So.

I've got the indicators/blinkers wired and working.
6762268299_fc39384d44.jpg

Also got my plate mounted.
6762270051_35df4f1a13.jpg

Just awaiting the hardware for my rear fender struts. Once I have those I'll do the last welding and straighten that fender out.. AND get a smaller custom registration plate. The original is ridiculous..

And a semi mock up.
6762266785_992c7a3b84.jpg

As soon as my new tank arrives I will get that plus the side covers and the rear fender to paint. Oh - and yes, a new set of handle bars. Some tight and semi high lane splitters will crown this piece.
Thanks for looking!

Thanks. Yea it's f*cking insane. Ordered a custom one, about half the size of the one in the picture. Cost about $45 here in Sweden. That is also insane.

My new tank arrived today.
6767668625_784c1eecb2.jpg

6767666905_01804dfd86.jpg

6767665485_76b2c51f20.jpg

6767662773_86caf2396f.jpg

I'm struggling with the thought of wether I should move the coils or just "turn them over" and keep them under the tank. The other option is to put them behind one of the side covers. BUT that meens new cables and bla bla bla...

Ideas?

The tank has a deep enough tunnel to sit low over the frame - just have to make a decision on those coils..

Yea, they sure are.. How difficult will it be to put on longer spark plug wires on the coils? Is that even doable?

The coils are a big problem, im moving mine, so im looking for a typ of colis that have cables that kan be removed.
You can put some cover over them if you are going to keep them there. =)

looking good!
that tank is sweet. If you want it clean I like your idea of putting the coils behind the side-covers. you could also put in new mounts somewhere closer so you wouldn't have to put on longer wires. on the other hand, its an easy fix just flipping them.

just a heads up, if you're not running the original plate they can slap you with a fine. but it'll look a lot better with a small plate. :)

Since I'm going to remove all other tabs from the frame I'll just as well move the coils.
Anyone have any experience on lengthen the cables? Is it even possible or will I be ending up changeing the coils entirely?

'bout that registration plate. I'll take my chanses. ;)

Since I'm going to remove all other tabs from the frame I'll just as well move the coils.
Anyone have any experience on lengthen the cables? Is it even possible or will I be ending up changeing the coils entirely?

'bout that registration plate. I'll take my chanses. ;)

Im interested to about changeing the coils, so, if its possible im wery interested.:thumbsup:

i got brit style coils for the tracker. they have removable HT leads so its easy to make up new ones if I am inclined to!

i got brit style coils for the tracker. they have removable HT leads so its easy to make up new ones if I am inclined to!

Woa - where did you get those drewpy? Brand? Model? That's exactly what I need to get my paws on.

Back