Swedish xs400 bobber build start.

So. Fabricating my rear fender struts:

I've got some stainless rods that I cut up and semi polished. Also had my brother in law turn a couple of bungs in his lathe. Tapped those to fit these screws/bolts. And got some washers. All in stainless.
6836938117_f809e45812.jpg

My swing allready had a hole on the left side, I used the diameter of that one when making my bungs and choosing my screws/bolts. Had to drill one at the opposite side. No biggy. Held the rod on for reference.
6836939619_ec113459c0.jpg

Marked up where to put the holes on my fender. Took the measurements and marked up the other side as well.
6836940907_a29803bd4a.jpg

Drilled out the holes. Ground 'em down with the angle grinder ('cause I'm lazy) instead of by hand.
6836943447_949ff9fb7c.jpg

Put the top bungs in, eyeballed it and cut the rod to fit.
6836944971_67ff6dbaee.jpg

The side where I drilled the swing.
6836947053_60d15facc3.jpg

And here's how it will look - as soon as I've welded it on. I'll get to that tomorrow.
6836952663_1ea5d27cfb.jpg

This might help soemone. Maybe not. It worked out just fine for me.

Don't know if it's allowed to link to other forums/boards, so if not - feel free to delete this post. Just thought it may help someone else. It sure helped me like A FREKKIN' LOT.

Most of what you wanna do by your self with your scoot, you can learn here: CC Board Greatest Hits

Enjoy and start choppin'!!

I also got started on my seat mount.
I'll be putting low springs on under my seat, to keep a little "older type of school" look and maybe get a smoother ride. (I believe the original seat absorbes a helluva lot more vibrations than my new thin solo seat).

I cut some thick stainless rod, drilled and tapped it in one end. Mounted the spring and held it up to see where to cut it.

6836954137_dc23d7ea40.jpg

I could've made the bungs shorter, I know. Well - I'll cut them anyway, grind of the paint on the frame and weld them in place. Didn't get to that last night - to tired from working 12 hours straight before getting to my shop.

Also about to fab my solo seat mount. Need to get that one figured out so that I easily can flip up my seat and reach my fuses and battery. Will be taking some thinking since my tanks rear mounts at about the same place. I'll be back with pictures of that when I get to it.

Thanks for looking!

nice! your rear fender is coming out great!

I'm not too big a fan though of the spring mounted seat on a swingarm bike. But each to his own and maybe you can pull it off, but if its only the vibrations you worry about, these bikes aren't that bad. Remember my piece of flat steel? :bike: haha

nice! your rear fender is coming out great!

I'm not too big a fan though of the spring mounted seat on a swingarm bike. But each to his own and maybe you can pull it off, but if its only the vibrations you worry about, these bikes aren't that bad. Remember my piece of flat steel? :bike: haha

Yeah, your's is bad ass that way.
I also need the springs to have an easy and quick acces to the battery and fuses. AND I need to get the rear end of the seat up some, to not be sliding of it since I'm not lowering my front end to match the low back end.
Or maybe I'm just a pussy who likes a soft ride?

I'll try and line up my seat springs with my shocks. That might help on the look of it.

Yeah, your's is bad ass that way.
I also need the springs to have an easy and quick acces to the battery and fuses. AND I need to get the rear end of the seat up some, to not be sliding of it since I'm not lowering my front end to match the low back end.
Or maybe I'm just a pussy who likes a soft ride?

I'll try and line up my seat springs with my shocks. That might help on the look of it.

hell i feel you there.who doesn't like a soft ride?nice ride man:thumbsup:

My newest favourite polishing wheels are the brass wheel and the soft scotch brite wheel. Outstanding results in the least amount of time.

My newest favourite polishing wheels are the brass wheel and the soft scotch brite wheel. Outstanding results in the least amount of time.

cool.have to try that.beats the hell out of mothers aluminum polish and steel wool:banghead:

Haha.. Sure does. Look me up at www.cb750.com
There I've posted some before and after pictures on different parts polished with brass and scotch brite wheels.
Here's a link.

enjoy!

Thanks. But on my forks I used sisal and cotton buffing wheels and two different compounds.
The front hub is all done with a brass wheel. On my CB750 that is.

Back