What car did you race with your 400? Wins and loses?

homin

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Title explains all.
I've only raced once since I just got my 400 with a SUV lol
What year is your bike? What about you guys? What cars have you raced so far? What was the out come?
Xs400 only.

Took a Prelude a few days ago from stoplight to stoplight about a 1/4 mile. He seemed pissed off afterward.
Story goes: He revved his engine and I thought he was crazy. Revved it again, so I revved a bit (force of habit). Squeals his tires as the light turned green, I slowly let the clutch bite, and had him by the half-way point.
1982 Heritage Special with pods and a modest diet can take a 2nd generation Prelude. Of course, I don't think he can drive. I'm sitting at 5'8 and 150#.

I seem to have a lot of people trying to take me on. I am in no way revving at the lights trying to get someone to race. I just do a lot of city riding and there's apparently plenty of people who like to challenge bikers around here..

on my stock seca:

- mid 90's VW golf GTI (win) one of those lowered ones with loud exhaust and tinted windows - what an idiot
- porsche 911 (won in the first 50 meters, after that lost)
- KTM 990 supermoto (win, although this guy was an absolute idiot and I think he had the bike for his first day or something)
- VW polo (win)
- yamaha R6 (lose)

couple of other losses which I seem to have forgotten :laugh:

I only have 150 miles on my bike now. This loss was at about 100 miles of riding. I didn't really know we were racing but when my buddy took off with him I couldn't keep up.

Jeep TJ-type machine with lift, over-sized tires and apparently much engine work. Holy shit the guy was fast. He was also very aggressive toward my buddy at the next lights, calling him and his bike down. Some kind of grease ball.

This time I did know we were racing and he still blew me out of the water.

Kind of embarrassing. I've ridden 750 Nortons and a Suzuki 250 on-off road in the past and don't recall being beaten by any car. Being "a complete fucking dipshit" I'll have to keep working on my technique I guess.

these bikes are still faster than about 80% of cars when accelerating from a traffic light. I'd say beyond 45 mph they become less quick.

I have not raced any one with the 80 yet:D. Never had any cars want to race. But over the years the 79 has been able to keep up with a bunch of much more expensive and larger bikes. Last year some dick on his bobbed out Harley passed me and gave me that my bike is cooler than your little bike look. Then took off like a bat out of hell. He almost fell of the bike when I flew by him at 90 mph:)

Considering just being on a motorcycle at all is dangerous enough, I think you'd have to be an utter fool to want to race someone on the street in an uncontrolled environment. Racing is for a track. Keep in mind that it isn't just yourself you're putting at risk.

That's why I only do straight line dragraces up to about 40 mph, and only when there is a lane for me and one for the competition to use. Besides, if you think motorcycles are that dangerous why are you riding one?

Back