What Grinds your gears?

Liamthedevastator

It's dingaling'n time
Reaction score
Bearings are the bane of my existence. I seriously despise everything that they stand for (aside from, y'know, working engines) and it seems like there is a specialized bearing at every turn.

They stall my progress and sap my motivation, God damn you bearings!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

What things frustrate you when you want to wrench and how did you overcome them?

One thing that grinds my gears is manufacturers that position the muffler in line with the rear axle. You have to deal with resealing the joints and messing with the rusty old crossover pipe on one piece exhausts, and pray just before loosening exhaust stud nuts/bolts. It's a waste of time and cost in your garage, but it is just plain stupidity on the side of the road changing a flat tire.

What grinds my gear is my 1996 Jimmy project from hell.Nothing is easy to do on this pos.Its been the most difficult project vehicle of my life.They call this a chevy NO WAY!I`ll never buy one of these peices of crap ever again.Its been nothing but $ pit but i hope someday soon all the frustration and sweat I put in this things pays off before i get sick and tired of it and decide to do something irrational to it.

One thing that grinds my gears is manufacturers that position the muffler in line with the rear axle. You have to deal with resealing the joints and messing with the rusty old crossover pipe on one piece exhausts, and pray just before loosening exhaust stud nuts/bolts. It's a waste of time and cost in your garage, but it is just plain stupidity on the side of the road changing a flat tire.

Can you lift the bike and drop and swingarm? Wouldn't that be easier? Who changes motorcycle tires on the side of the road?

Road salt and mud which causes RUST grinds my gears.The fact its attacking the body and frame of what was a pristine vehicle my 94 gmc truck.Like I dont have enough work to do I have attack the rust and get my truck rust proof.:mad:

Back