Which Fuses to Buy and Where?

robindean

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I'm a new biker. I just bought my first and it is, of course, the bike this site is dedicated to :)

A more experienced friend of mine gave me some steady-handed advice to keep backup fuses readily accessible on the bike.

My question: which fuses do I buy and where might I order them from?

My knowledge is very limited about such things. I'd like to have at least one of each fuse type on hand, so if there are different types involved, please elaborate.

Thanks in advance 8)

Welcome to the forum. There are several different models of XS small twins on this form, most ranging from the 360 to 400 Single Overhead Cams to the '82 and up XS/XJ 400 Double Overhead Cams (I think there are also a couple 250's). Go to the tech section, you'll be able to find more info on your bike and some basic answers, plus be able to download a manual. My bike is an '81, originally had the long glass fuses, one 20 amp for the main, three 10's for the rest. I switched to blade style for reliability (the old fuse boxes tend to deteriorate), but still kept the same fuse amps. The Previous Owner of your bike may have done the same, so you'll have to take a look see.

Back