Won't start

uglyduckling

uglyduckling
Reaction score
Here's my dilemma...
Had bike in shop this winter. Had new 2 in 2 exhaust , good tune up plugs oil change, points. Heli coil on left side. Run awesome in the shop brought it home . Took it out in march on a nice day filled the tank up. It got cold again until this week. Now it won't start. Had it running on wed for abt 1/2 run. Run ok ish. Kinda ruff. Got it out on thurs started up right away but then just quit. Run for abt 3 mins.
Thought I had shitty gas so drained it out, drained the float bowls and got new fresh super high test gas . Put the petcock to prime .
Got lots of spark but it just isn't firing. It will turn over and over and over.
Wtf am I doing wrong. Arrrgggg!

If your fuel situation is straight, it's usually timing. If you have points, check that the screws have not stripped out allowing the plates to look secure but move during vibration.
My bike will not stand being even slightly out of timing. AT ALL. Found a stripped screw after four maddening days with the right cylinder coming on and offline during operation.

So buy all the screws at the hardware store new, replace them one by one, and then do your timing if you have breakers.

Back