Xs360 won't start warm. Need help.

cabbott12321

1977 XS360
Reaction score
I picked up my first bike a month or two back, it's an 77 xs360 and due to the time it took to get my license and what not I wasn't able to start riding until recently. I would go into my garage and start her up just to keep her running well. Everything was fine, I changed the oil and recently have been starting to try to ride it. I say try because it will start really fast, first two or three kicks, and then ride great. My problem is it won't restart when warm. The first problem is something electrical, my
Battery is draining and dying the more I try to start it. However today we even tried jumping it and it still wouldn't kick. I let it sit for about 20-30 min then tried kicking it. The battery had died so we jumped it and it started right up, I rode down the street and back and around the block, stopped the bike but when I tried to restart it, same problem wouldnt kick and battery was dead. Possible diagnosis? The battery is new and the carbs were rebuilt before it was sold to me. It may be flooding but I don't know?

Posted via Mobile

Posted via Mobile

electrical gremlins are always the hardest thing to track down imo. you can try pulling fuses on everything but the main and see if the battery still drains.. then plug in another fuse and see if its draining etc. I know with mine if the battery doesn't start her on about 4 tries then the only way I can start her with a kick or jump. But if I ride and stop and restart within an hour the battery will kick her over first try.

Back