Hello introducing myself

DOWNLOWBEN

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hi guys great to find a forum on xs400 i just thought you might like to see a few flicks of my recent bike i have owned it since about 2005 and had it in different styles this is the most recent the last flick is a new fairing that i have bought for it im going to paint it up to match the tank hope you like?

Attachments

• DSC04523.jpg
    DSC04523.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 428
  • DSC04524.jpg
    DSC04524.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC04525.jpg
    DSC04525.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 370
  • DSC04527.jpg
    DSC04527.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 357
  • DSC04528.jpg
    DSC04528.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 358
  • Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 395
Thanks very much invaders some love them some hate them i tell you what it was a job fitting them as they were for a harley but managed it in the end the front brake is not very good so thinking of putting a disc on.

Just noticed you are located in London, which area do you live in mate? I'm up in north in Crouch End.

Small world mate, I've got a few mates in Hackney, I was there only yesterday. I will have to come over and check out the bike in person to see how you managed to get them wheels to fit and the wicked tank.

certainly is yer pop over whenever weekend is best i often drive through crouch end up to Barnet are you building an xs?

Looks great my lodger has built a brattstyle xs400 i will get him to post when he is back in the uk, its your lucky day i got a welder so if its not too much i can weld your tags on for you.

welcome downlowben, cool scoot. what's the tank off? love the paint job!
hi drewpy thanks the tank is a weird chopper tank from the 70s i think moulded fiberglass original paint with white gold sign writing, i was watching your tracker build last year on your blog i had a xs400 tracker but sold it in december.

Attachments

• Image0026.jpg
    Image0026.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 310
wow, that's high :D

mines taking a bit longer, but I'm enjoying the learning curve though.
trying to finish it this year. got a few updates since then

I've seen that picture before...I may even have it on my computer...do you have a website for your work/business that you've posted pictures of the tracker before? Graphic design or something like that?

Thanks for the offer of the welding, that would be brilliant. I need two crush tubes welding in the seat brace. I will pm you a picture, see what you think.

Hi its a reproduction bates seat 1'' thick from bearparts co http://bearpartsco.com/seats.html in my opinion they are the best reproduction there not cheep but comfy, i got mine wet which was a mistake but hard not to with uk weather but it is helping to add to the patina.

Attachments

• IMG_2428.jpg
    IMG_2428.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 274
Back