1976 XS360 project

It's just the stock XS400 tank from 79-82. Don't have pics of my specific tank, but there are a few dings. I was mostly joking, unless you'd seriously consider it. :)

pick the bars up from sandblasting. nice and clean
IMAG0557.jpg

also picked up 20ft of 14ga steel tubing for the frame.

check out my build. lots of info for hardtailing. and idk if you did already, but how much would you want for that seat? i got stuffs to trade you if you want. and there not just all take offs

so today, Justin and i got to choppin up at the 2jr shop. ill let the pics do the talkin
IMAG0559.jpg

IMAG0560.jpg

moving back the rear wheel for the 4.5 inch stretch. measure, measure, and measure
IMAG0561.jpg

4.5 inch stretch welded in for the frame fabricaiton
IMAG0562.jpg

IMAG0563.jpg

chop chop
IMAG0564.jpg

end result for day one
IMAG0567.jpg

huge thanks to justin for his knowledge and work and to joe for letting me store it at his shop. it means alot

Looks pretty good,these bikes look short and squatty when chopped and not stretched or something done to stretch the frame a bit.The only thing I would worry about is getting some gussets or braces on the top legs of the hardtail,as they'll have a lot of stress on them. Maybe when time comes to mount a seat and fender.Just $.02.good luck. lha

the swingarm slug is just temporary in order to build a squared frame. we ran out of time to fab the lower portion of the frame so for now the swingarm is still there. but when the lower portion is made the swingarm is going into the trash. unless someone wants to use it for their own 4.5 harltail stretch, then id be happy to ship it to them.

the gussets are coming. like i said we ran out of time. i wont be able to get back to work on it until next weekend at the earliest.

Did you just leave the engine in the frame when you welded your hardtail on? Instead of making a brace to hold the frame straight?

Tank look good too mate!

Ah cool, I though about that an then looking around on here most people seem to make a jig up to go in there, so I thought maybe there a reason why u shouldn't use engines, but hey it works for you it can work for me haha

Posted via Mobile

am i the only one wondering, how in the heck did you pick that up for 300 bucks? a full cafe for 300??!!?!?! mine was pretty well stock and it was 750. geez.... maybe i just need to get out more. but this isnt the first bike ive seen on here thats been a steal.

I paid $500 for mine from a dealer. :) The guy that traded it in or sold it probably got less than $200. :laugh:

Back