For Sale - 1977 XS400D and many extra parts!!

jcorney

77 XS400
Reaction score
Hello everyone. So I am kind of feeling this out. I have a 1977 Yamaha XS 400D that I am considering selling. I did my own little resto-mod on it. It ha a RD400 seat, drag bars with bar end mirrors. Motor has been rebuilt, all new seals, valve job, etc...

It has a lot of new parts. Has brand new tires, new rear shocks and springs, new brakes, braided stainless steel brake lines, new seat, new turn signals, wrapped exhaust, new plugs, new points, new ignition wires, new battery and more.

Comes with MANY extra parts! I have a full additional engine and full wiring harness and another engine less the top end (in pieces). I have 2 sets of additional carbs. I have extra front and rear brake calipers, and front and rear master cylinders (need to be rebuilt). I have the original seat pan (no foam) and seat cowl (faded but in good shape) Also have the original handle bars. I put the drag bars on because I thought they looked cool, but they are not very comfortable on longer rides. I rode 120 miles the other day and I was hurting at the end of it! :bike: I have a crate full of other random parts too...

I have the pink slip in hand and the registration is good until January 2014 (California)

I am thinking of selling to get a bigger cruiser. I weigh about 220lbs, so the little 400, while a lot of fun, does not suit itself well for the type of riding I want to do. Also, the wife won't let me get a new bike without selling the one I have. :(

Anyway, I'm asking $2800 for the whole lot. I am in Burbank California. I do not want to ship this thing (and all the extras that go with it) anywhere, so it would be a local pickup.
b3OJviBbDHDt0sXXOgPIZiqOJVc38n93XL78ddyVFwo1.jpg

Bc64DAZhRYGteC9oA8MsJK3_Mwx-00kwrJLEueV5KBA1.jpg

iCsQ5287Jmse7g7pD_kc-zO6HeXenObcs-DS0oKtHq41.jpg

Post some pics of all your extra parts also it will help it sell better.

I do have a rear master cylinder. I will pull it out of the parts bin and see what shape it's in. It may need a rebuild, but maybe not. I will send you a PM later this evening.

Thanks

Back