For Sale - 1980 XS 400 SG - $950 or best offer - Portland, Oregon

Under Dog

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
My son and I picked this up in Cheyenne back in 2009. It wasn't running at the time and was mostly in boxes. I got it in the hopes he'd take to wrenching on engines and learn to ride. Unfortunately, he's got little to no interest (prefers computers). He's off to college next month and I'd like the garage space back.

We've cleaned the carbs, rebuilt the master cylinder and front caliper, new plugs, wires and caps, new battery, replaced the speedometer cable, put turn signals back on it, and other little odds and ends. The local community college did the paint and body work. We even managed to hunt down the title.

Its got a 2 into 1 exhaust with no muffler. Too loud for my tastes, and the guys I normally ride with don't like riding behind me. It runs strong but could still use work. Kick start works great, but I think the starter clutch might be going out. It catches sometimes, other times not.

I've enjoyed this little bike, but would like to get back to my 1972 XS2 650. Open to reasonable offers. I will take pics in the morning and add to the post. Can also email them if any one is interested.

Here are some pics. I can email better ones if anyone wants them...

Attachments

• RDF_0222.jpg
    RDF_0222.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 157
  • RDF_0224.jpg
    RDF_0224.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 164
Back