For Sale - 1980 XS400SG for sale. (Parts Bike)

Titus

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I'm a long time lurker and have used this site many, many times to research my technical issues. I Just don't have the time this bike needs. The stator died and finding a working replacement is just plain discouraging. I was going to strip her down for parts and give you fine people the first look.
I'll have pictures and part numbers up shortly before I lose daylight.

- Tim

Nevermind the puddle. Really. It was gas. I had to drain the tank when i took it out this spring and found the fuel petcock was leaking from ...everywhere.
04072012212.jpg IMAG0370.jpg 01082012180.jpg
The third picture is when i originally plucked it out of a barn. I had big plans for her.
She starts up now, but won't charge your battery. I'm not gonna sell her as a whole bike. I hacked the wiring loom chasing parasitic draws and bad connections no one in their right mind would buy her as a whole bike.

Hello everyone.
I'm a long time lurker and have used this site many, many times to research my technical issues. I Just don't have the time this bike needs. The stator died and finding a working replacement is just plain discouraging. I was going to strip her down for parts and give you fine people the first look.

- Tim
Titus, what would you want for the gas tank emblems( both) I am in upstate NY

Titus, thanks for the great price but I have decided to paint mine to match the tank for now.Eventually I hope to eliminate them altogether. Thanks again.

Hello everyone.

- Tim

I am interested in your front forks. Just the tubes and legs.

Whats the condition of the rear brake assembly? Talking caliper + piston as well as master cylinder.

shipped to 70130?

Back