For Sale - 1981 Yamaha xs400 Special II

xs400newbie

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMG-20120410-00057.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi all,

I've got a very nice 1981 Yamaha XS400 Special II with just over 12000 original Kms. I just had the carbs disassembled and cleaned, replaced the spark plugs, and reconditioned the air filters. I added a fuel filter and drained and replaced the gas. The battery was tested and it's good. It has electric and kick start in working order. The lights and signals work, and all the fuses were replaced. Needs a front tube as it has a slow leak and possibly some new tires, given their age, although the tread is good. The bike was last on the road in 2010. I've driven her a few kms this year and everything appears to be good. I'm located in Maple, Ontario, Canada. Right now I'm not looking to ship and would prefer a local buyer. Willing to hear offers for it.
Thanks!

P.S. The springs for the seat locking mechanism were fixed so the bungy cord shown in the picture is no longer needed, lol.

Bump. Bike is once again up for sale. Battery was kept on a tender over the winter and I started her up a few days ago. Running well.

Back