77 XS360 brat/tracker build

Bryanxs

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I picked up this bike about a month ago, been wanting to start a project bike for a while. originally was looking at cb350s but price wasn't fitting my budget. Im 20 years old and this is my first build.

Attachments

• photo-6.jpg
    photo-6.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 557
  • photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 402
started working on it. chopped the back end of the frame
made a custom loop for the seat. got a seat pan made and a battery/electrical box made

Attachments

• photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 459
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 423
got the seat pan upholstered and powder coated the frames and parts. started putting it back together.

Attachments

• photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 379
  • photo-5.jpg
    photo-5.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 413
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 382
need to switch out the tires, but this is where i am at so far. should be getting a bunch of parts in on wednesday. handle bars. speed/tach. etc. so more soon.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 517
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 406
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 381
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 408
G'day Bryan,

It looks like you are off to a flying start. That seat is sweet - very brat and really suits the early tanks. If you haven't decided on tyres then i suggest having a look at dunlop k180s.

Cheers.

so, i got most of the bike together the other day. painted the rims black.
still waiting on my headlight, muffler and taillight to come in.
next week going to work on getting the battery and electrical mounted in my new battery box. also planning on mounting the ignition key on the side of it.
also making new longer mounts for my 2.5in speedometer and tachometer that i got off dime city.
should come together nicely with bottom mounting headlight i ordered.

rather annoying how the photos post sideways like that. sorry!!

Attachments

• photo-13.jpg
    photo-13.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 388
  • photo-11.jpg
    photo-11.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 389
  • photo-10.JPG
    photo-10.JPG
    287.9 KB · Views: 439
  • photo-12.jpg
    photo-12.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 420
Thanks everyone for the feedback! its coming together sweet, I'm really excited about it.

also, the tank is clear coated raw metal. Got it sandblasted and had it sit out a few hours before it was coated. it has an interesting shine to it, pictures don't do the true color justice.

Been a while since I updated. Finally got it all wired and put back together. Still need a thing or two. Hopefully get it up and going soon when I get some real time to work on it. Will post detail shops soon.
5 inch headlight.
New gauges
Taillight mounted on left side.
2 inch riser street bars

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 461
I like it :) nice small dials and turn signals, good placement of the headlight, awesome stuff !

Back