77' XS360/ My first build!

Ok so here is the finished product. Checkout the youtube link!
I have discovered however that the battery is not charging. Think I have a bad regulator and rectifier but was hoping you all could help me out. I have started a thread in the "electrical" section titled "Regulator/rectifier" If you have any knowledge in this area please check out the thread.

Thanks

Great job - hey so those 4.50-18 fit between the front forks/shocks, man i just got my 4.50-18 coker firestone vintage front tire, it aint rimmed yet but just putting between the forks, its damn close, i'm hoping the stock '80 xs400 stock rim pulls the bead in some......

So no issues with your tire fit?

Thanks,
Stevo

almost looks like from these pics to later you changed sizes on the front tire, did you have to because of fit?

Thanks,
Stevo

Ok so here is the finished product. Checkout the youtube link!
I have discovered however that the battery is not charging. Think I have a bad regulator and rectifier but was hoping you all could help me out. I have started a thread in the "electrical" section titled "Regulator/rectifier" If you have any knowledge in this area please check out the thread.

Thanks

that looks mighty fine :thumbsup:

Great job - hey so those 4.50-18 fit between the front forks/shocks, man i just got my 4.50-18 coker firestone vintage front tire, it aint rimmed yet but just putting between the forks, its damn close, i'm hoping the stock '80 xs400 stock rim pulls the bead in some......

So no issues with your tire fit?

Thanks,
Stevo

Yeah they fit fine between the forks, but you are right, they are close!!
On the rear I had to add a couple links to the chain so they wouldnt rub the front of the swingarm and rear fender.
They are also a b!#@* to get mounted on those stock narrow rims! I would highly recommend taking yours to a shop with a tire machine and let them deal with it rather that wrestling around with em on your garage floor!!!

Great looking bike. Are you from the Boise area? I notice the original tank said "Devotion" and that is a tattoo place off Broadway...

Great looking bike. Are you from the Boise area? I notice the original tank said "Devotion" and that is a tattoo place off Broadway...

Yeah. I live in Nampa. Bought the bike from a guy in Boise who had that "Devotion" sticker on it.

You live in Boise?

Back