Make Offer - 80 xs 400 parting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdrobins

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I acquired this gem to see if I could rebuild it, but time and money have proven against me. So I have decided to part it out. I have layed it down once since owning it for 10 years. Has some dents and scrapes, but if you have any questions about specific parts I am more than willing to take pictures and describe more of the condition. I could only load one picture, but i do have the other parts that aren't in the photo. The bike was up and running when I took it apart.The engine runs great, but leaks some oil. My guess is a piston o-ring. Keep in mind that I am new to rebuilding and the mechanic world so I am not literate in technical terms. I'm just asking for a fair price for the parts plus whatever shipping costs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 352
How much for the speedometer? Shipped to 97225 (Portland, OR)... although I will be in Moscow, ID this weekend if we could arrange a pick up somehow...

Also, do you have the headers/mufflers? How much for those?

Hi. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I have the headers and mufflers, but someone has asked about them before you did. Not sure if he wants them, but if he passes I'll let you know. As for the speedometer, I'll send you pictures. It is the original, but When I rode the bike it would sometimes be off by 10 mph or so. If you want the rpm gauge as well, I'll give you both for the same price. Honestly, not sure what they're worth, so whatever you think is fair plus shipping

Here is a picture of one of the carbs. Before I tore the bike apart they worked great. No problems.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 284
How much for the starter and shipping anyway? I might be able to rebuild it. Also the top tank rubber and clutch and tach cable? 41063 Thanks.

Hello,

I'm located in Spokane as well. If you do not sell the tachometer (rpm gauge) to Under Dog, I'd like to know what you'd like for it. Also, could you post a few pictures of the seat?

If the master cylinder is good, I need it, or even if it needs rebuild//// Never mind, I found one....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back