1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale - Parting out complete Black 81 XS-400

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by hitechluddite, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Stripped down to the frame we couldn't get spark on the motor after trying two ignition modules and cleaning all the wiring harness connections unhooking one coil and whatever we could think of to get spark. Motor has compression and starter is good we are willing to tear it down for any parts you might want. We don't have much in this just want to break even and clear the garage for the next project. Things will go cheap! I live in Indy and travel to Louisville Cincinnati and Columbus Ohio occasionally could possibly meet to deliver. IMG_0129.jpg IMG_0130.jpg IMG_0129.jpg IMG_0130.jpg

2. Cafe

Cafe XS400 Member

If I buy the frame do I get the title?

3. xschris

xschris a lifestyle not a trend Top Contributor

4. Cafe

Cafe XS400 Member

I can't find the PM

5. xschris

xschris a lifestyle not a trend Top Contributor

I sent it to the original post/seller.

6. 843D83FC-64B7-4EA5-8F85-26075CC2C6EA.jpeg
    I bought this off a guy who was projecting it and gave up on it he had no title I got a bill of sale I ran the Vin number at a couple sites online before we bought it and it came up clean I am attaching a pic of the frame VIN

7. Cafe

Cafe XS400 Member

I'll pass. Thanks.

8. bbd1983

bbd1983 XS400 Enthusiast

Need carbs and anything related, how's that front tire?

9. Front tire holds air has good tread but is old, I think original. The carbs were taken off and cleaned. New float needles and seats installed but since we never got the bike to fire I can’t say if they are ready or not. Starting fluid directly into the intake wouldn’t fire so the carbs weren’t the problem. Intake boots good stock air box is complete I think.

10. bbd1983

bbd1983 XS400 Enthusiast

I'll shoot you a pm

11. Alexalone

Alexalone XS400 New Member

I'm in Indy and interested in the entire engine. Have you still got it?

12. Yep still got the engine! We never got a consistent spark out of it. We tried two ign modules and the coils one at a time plus the coil continuity checked good. Compression feels good and we did get it running for a short time so I'm not sure if the engine is completely serviceable or not. The carbs and exhaust are gone

13. MoonClipper

MoonClipper XS400 Enthusiast

Do you have the RH mirror or better yet, the set?

14. I found the left one it looks good but I haven’t seen the right one yet when number one son wakes up later today I’ll ask him

15. neinzone

neinzone XS400 Member

Are the carbs and front fork tubes still available?

16. neinzone

neinzone XS400 Member

Oh... also the front brake lever and master cylinder?

17. Carbs are gone front fork tubes available. Should have brake lever and master cylinder but need to dig to make sure

18. neinzone

neinzone XS400 Member

19. stillwater

stillwater XS400 Member

How much for the frame? And seat, if you still have them.
    I live an hour west of you...

20. frame is gone seat is clean no Rips. $50 I could meet you somewhere around Plainfield Monday Afternoon around 3PM