80' xs400G special 2? whats the G?

1rarebru

amature bike reincarnator
Reaction score
well found out that Ive got a 80' xs400G special 2, what does the G designate? am finding it difficult to find a manual also, and am I seeing things clearly this thing appears to be a dohc? 1rarebru:confused:

well found out that Ive got a 80' xs400G special 2, what does the G designate? am finding it difficult to find a manual also, and am I seeing things clearly this thing appears to be a dohc? 1rarebru:confused:

G is just a model designtion

The DOHC has a much larger head,with two cams instead of one. From front to back,the head is larger. Other than that,they're pretty much the same bike,note I said pretty much the same. lha

Yep, "G" indicates 1980 year with production starting in Summer 1979. Is your bike equipped with mag or wire wheels? Does it have the lower black "Sport" handle bars or the slightly higher "Touring" chrome handle bars?

Back