adrian

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
::I've got an '81 motor that's a bit of a basket case but it is a runner::

44K miles
Kickstart journal broken
Burns oil
Cam seal leaking
(it's also got a fresh set of Iridium plugs in it)
'78 stator cover (missing gasket on that side) ((Used the '81 stator on my '78 motor swap))
Oil filter bolt is stripped out but I broke it free, it's only on finger tight but will need to replaced
I did a compression test but forgot to open the throttle when I did it. Got 90 psi on each side but it's probably closer to 130 psi. I probably hit 85 mph on it and it had some more to go. I've got a starter for it but I had removed it thinking I might use it on my swap. FREE

::Box of Parts::

'78 Mikuni carbs (complete) I disassembled them and found that the diaphragms are in perfect shape. Only known issue is the emulsion tubes are stuck. They will probably loosen from a long soak but I tried to punch them out and the brass is lightly damaged on the bottom end where the main jet screws in. $20 bones

Randoms $10 or less

'78 wire harness: 99% complete but I nipped the points/condenser/coil wiring off for my swap.

'78 battery box, rectifier, regulator, left/right forward controls, gauge cluster with tach only, clutch cable, side covers, some engine bolts/mounts.

Dead TCI from my '81…tried reflowing some solder points but ultimately got nothing. You're rolling the dice on this one.

I won't ship the motor, only local pickup in Philly. Everything else is fair game for shipping. You can make an offer on the small stuff based on what you need. Just trying to pass on some parts to those who need it.
IMG_0071.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0073.JPG

Last edited:
Back