'82 XS400 Special

I gotta say Im not usualy a big fan of chopped or modified bikes but yours is looking awesome.I like the billet style brake lever thing you made up.Also did you rebuild or go through your engine or just clean it up and paint,Looks realy good.I apologise if you mentioned anything about what work you may have done.M knee dent tank Im making ironicaly is the same as yours.I wish my camera wasnt broke I`d post a pic.

Thanks! The bike was running when I got it so hopefully most of the engine is good. I did take the valve cover off and check out everything. I also set all of the valve clearances. Then I cleaned everything up and painted.

Did you machine those rearset brackets yourself and Do they mount up easily to an unmodified frame?

Yes I made them myself out of a nice piece of aluminum we had at the shop. And they do mount right up to an unmodified frame. I made a set out of wood first to get everything lined up right.

Yes I made them myself out of a nice piece of aluminum we had at the shop. And they do mount right up to an unmodified frame. I made a set out of wood first to get everything lined up right.

I'm guessing you wouldn't be interested in making a pair for sale? just curious as I don't have the tools or expertise to do it myself!

I'm guessing you wouldn't be interested in making a pair for sale? just curious as I don't have the tools or expertise to do it myself!

I might be able to do that. you would need to get a set of rearsets first so I would know what diameter the hole needs to be to mount them to the bracket.

Excellent work there tweeder. What color scheme are you painting? Are you leaving the frame black? Looking forward to your conclusion!

Back