For Sale - '82 XS400RJ Seca - Restored/Rebuilt

JonTwo-Wheels

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Completely restored / rebuilt over the past 9 months. Runs great - 6 speed - monoshock rear suspension - dual overhead cam - everything fixed, renewed, replaced or repaired. Custom touches include flat bars, Yam 650 gauge set, mesh pod air filters, tail light from a Kawasaki 550, recovered seat, custom fabricated battery box, new battery. Its original speedo (which was broken), showed 7,800 miles - the engine is still tight and strong. Very good compression, transmission and clutch very smooth. Changed to a 35 tooth rear sprocket (from 38) to improve its top speed. New rear tire, new front fork seals. New fuse set (modern blade type). Everything from frame up cleaned and painted. This bike is inspected and on the road now. Contact me for any other details. Asking $1500 or best - got a new project, need to sell this one.

Attachments

• Yam-400-3.jpg
    Yam-400-3.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 262
  • Yam-400-4.jpg
    Yam-400-4.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 248
  • Yam-400-1.jpg
    Yam-400-1.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 276
  • InstrCluster-Flatbars1.jpg
    InstrCluster-Flatbars1.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 268
  • Engine in Frame4.JPG
    Engine in Frame4.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 248
i disagree with you steve, parts are hard and infrequent to find so source what you can where you can. Kudos Jon, where did you hide the battery? where did you source the crankcase breather filter?

In the spirit of compromise, how does "resto-mod" work for ya?
The battery isn't all that hidden - sits transversely in a box I made from perforated aluminum and painted black. Its mounted to the down and behind the air filters. Engine oil breather is a small aftermarket red mesh cone filter that came from a local auto parts place - clamps right onto the breather pipe coming out of the case. I worried that it might spew a bit of oil, but so far pretty clean.

Got that breather in V.I.P. Auto Parts - a chain of parts/accessories/tires stores here in Maine/New Hampshire. That part comes in red, blue, or silver - probably available in a Pep Boys or other auto accessories chain in your area.

Back