a wee bit of oil

If you added 2 litres of oil to it and nothing drained out then you definitely have too much in it currently.

You definitely need the dipstick or sight glass to accurately measure. Sometimes more drains out, sometimes less when draining oil so by just adding 2 litres it isn't going to work.

Once you get enough post's we teach you the handshake

Attachments

• Gaskets_XS400_alternator (1).pdf
    403.6 KB · Views: 215
Ah, the old loyal order of water buffaloes kind of thing eh ? To quote Fred Flinstone.

And thanks for the file. I'll print it out. Im on my way out to drain the oil, pop the side cover, and see what's what. I'll post pics.

Last edited:
Mystery solved....at least partially. Drained the oil using the lower port, and removed the screen. Total oil minus what already leaked out. 4L. WAY too much oil. The engine ran for about an hour with said volume in it. Question is now, do I just refill it with the correct amount and hope for the best, or start taking things apart.

Regards

If you got about 4L out I would just put the correct amount in until you feel like pulling the engine side cover off and fixing the site glass. You could try searching for solutions that might clean it off. Some people said seafoam in the oil or just plain riding it a lot might clean it too.

Note about the templates, I put the ruler in their on purpose. its so you can make sure the prospective print out is right on the money. there was a post that stated, if it doesn't come out right, you can adjust a zoom in/out setting, for perfection. (US/metric ruler).

Potentially the print actual size, may not be right, or if your pdf reader, has print to fill page...

Back