Almost done with the front of my long time cafe build

That's not the point. My Idea was to have a bike that fit me. I am a little guy 5' 4" so I wanted my bike to have all the xs400 components and size.

Fair points there. I took a run out the the car-hole (garage) to look at my xs400 frame and holy cow you've done a fuck-ton of work!

I've gotta say, I'm really partial to Yamaha engines as I think they are works of art architecturally speaking. I've an XS400(obviously), an SR500, an R5, an FZR400, and a TDM850 engine I shoehorned into another FZR400. I recently sold a Virago 535 custom build to my brother. That XS650 engine is now another favorite. Somethin' about them and their elegant finning (the aircooled ones).

As far as build time tables go, I've been slogging along on that TDM850 engined FZR400 hybrid for a fair number of years. Sometimes they just need time. Probably doesn't help getting all the other ones in the meanwhile but I've a sickness you see...

Looking forward to your result!:cheers:

Well its a official roller. I know some don't see the point. I did it to fit me and because I could do it. The bike is still a xs400 at heart and on the title. Have a great Christmas everyone. xs400.jpg

xs4001.jpg

xs4002.jpg

This is beautiful! I am not into these builds but this one looks great. But where is the CX500 tank? IMHO it could be even better with it.

Good to see ya back. The xs650 motor may be a bit too much for the four bolt rear wheel tho. The xs650 motor makes almost twice the torque as the xs400.

The seat is from dime city cycles. As for the xs400 rear wheel. You may be right. Just wanted to build my own little monster. This bike has seen so many changes, I have a tough time remembering lol. The CX tank.... That suffered some damage when the bike fell sometime ago. So I found this NOS xs360 tank on eBay.

Was wondering what progress was happening on this. Nice to see you're still plugging along, it's looking proper. Need moar photos!

Nice work. Turned out great. A lot of us 650 guys use the 18" 400 rear mag as a swap...including myself. I haven't heard of any issues with the 4 bolt sprocket. It the Omar's 19" wheel kit will hold up to the 650s power I wouldn't worry about the 400 Cush drive.

Back