An Xs like you've never seen before.

Reaction score
Here are a few photos of a recent photoshoot of a bike I recently built.
Also, PipeBurn just did a write up on it. http://www.pipeburn.com/home/2012/2/21/1976-yamaha-xs360-bombshell-customs.html
Its a 1976 Xs 360. Everything including fabrication, paint, upholstery, wiring, and anything else you can think of was done by only myself in my shop. I have worked in a professional custom bike shop and have been building hot rods and other cars for years. But this is my first full bike build. I am 26 and I think I found a new passion for creating bikes. After I finished the bike and showed a few friends, I got more positive feedback than I really thought I would get. So I sent it some basic shots of the bike and a quick story to The Horse magazine and ended up doing a full featured write up of the bike. That will be coming out next month (March). Hope you like it and let me know if you have any questions about it. ALSO- I am going to be selling this bike. Im not sure on my starting price yet. You can see some of my other work at facebook.com/bombshellcustomcycles Thanks-
Mike...
IMG_0257.jpg

The bike the day I got it...

IMG_4345-Editwater.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

IMG_4381.jpg

IMG_4396.jpg

IMG_4522.jpg

IMG_4523.jpg

IMG_4543.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

IMG_4649.jpg

If you want to see more pictures including some of build pictures, check out my photobucket link.
http://photobucket.com/bombshellXS

Attachments

• IMG_4349 as Smart Object-3.jpg
    IMG_4349 as Smart Object-3.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_4469_HDR.jpg
    IMG_4469_HDR.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
No words!

Something different I have waited to see for a while.

Stunning!

Well, it's different. I admire the work you put in to it, even if I don't dig the style all that much.

I'm curious how you haven't shredded your exhaust pipes with your chain.

A remarkable achievment. Clearly a great deal of thought time and many other resources went in to all aspects of this project! Thank you for sharing this.

Last edited:
Amazing bike!! Is their a name for that type of paint work on the tank or a technique maybe? any info would be very much appreciated. Thanks for showing. :thumbsup:

Amazing bike!! Is their a name for that type of paint work on the tank or a technique maybe? any info would be very much appreciated. Thanks for showing. :thumbsup:

Its an old 60's hot rod trick. Lace. Its really nothing to fancy or hard to do, just lay your lace over you base color and lightly spray your accent color. The real trick was the clear coat. Their is about 7 coats of clear. The first 2 or 3 coats were tinted with black metallic and pewter metallic. (ads ghosting and pearlescence) The rest was standard clear for the depth. Thanks for checking it out.
Mike...

Nice. don't agree with the comment about the squareness of it. I think that is one of the nice differences from the "usual suspects" of this style. Re-using the stock tank for a very different style gets you bonus points in my book.

peeps moan and make comment when something is done out of their comfort zone. look at the stick i got for my headlamps.

the thing is, for every negative I bet there is at least 100 positives. My bike didn't get into bikeexif top 5 because of bad vibes.

don't let them get to you Mike.

Back