Any recommendations for maxim luggage rack?

Jso123

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I've got the standard 82 maxim. Not a lot of options out there and some say mounting brackets old separately....worry about those..

Found a great little tail bag on Craigslist today, now I need the rack to attach it to. I know someone ( like 16vGTIDave) has probably already figured this out. Just hope the answer is a bargain find and not something that requires Martha Stewart in welding gear to fabricate. ;-)

My friend uses an enormous, multi-compartment back-pack and he simply fastens it on with straps - no hardware on the bike at all. He feeds one main strap under the seat to cinch it down to the seat, then he keeps it centred and lined up with small straps around the rear seat handle and the turn signal stalks.

He sometimes carries 50-60 lbs and when it's full, he can use it as a backrest. He puts any soft stuff at the front for that.

Interesting idea... I think that would work as the bag has lots of built in straps... But I think a tail rack would look cleaner.

Attachments

• tail bag.JPG
    tail bag.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 284
A lot depends too on how much you're taking and if you would want to use the back seat for a companion.
Though if you want to use it right away, but not rush into buying or making exotic hardware it gets you on the road with it.

Back