anyone ever run vm34s?

lude

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm looking into running twin vm34s, or maybe even 32s, just wondering if its been done, i searched this site as well as google and not much to find. looking for a base line for jetting, and if anyone can for see any issues. top mounting cables should fit, and small air filters should fit before the stock battery box, and side covers,

And before anyone try's to talk me into keeping the stock bs' if i could find the parts i need, i would. but that's a nightmare..

I'd contact Mikuni and ask them. I'm sure you can get them to run/fit and mikuni will be able to give you a baseline jet size

Lude, didn't I read a thread were you were tearing down a set of carbs and found a broken emulsion tube? Have you put XS400 carbs in the Ebay search yet?
I just did, there are some one there. Many other parts too.
Leo

Lude, didn't I read a thread were you were tearing down a set of carbs and found a broken emulsion tube? Have you put XS400 carbs in the Ebay search yet?
I just did, there are some one there. Many other parts too.
Leo

yes i have, and there was many from dohc 400s, and none for my year, untill a day or so ago a couple poped up, so i picked one up, still considering the vms, but also considering keeping the bs' who knows,

what did it take to get them to fit? how much was the spacing off?

I made a small top bracket out of 2mm steel angle and used an original lage bottom bracket.

extended the butterfly valve joint with some flat steel welded on

had a fuel joint pipe made with grooves for O ring using original as template but longer.

not really hard, honest.

I've seen some xs650s running vm carbs and I bought a bank of carbs from a kz900 Kawa,and have them cleaning at this time.They are different,of course,but are on a frame with a single cable.It has a similar choke[enricher]to the Bs34s,but is much simpler.It has levers to operate the slides.I'll have to make a manifold to adapt them to the bike,but I think they'll work,as together they'll produce a lot of fuel/air. lha

Back